25.10.09

one down one to go...

blogtoberfest...whoops..push on i say...

a trip to the city over the weekend gave me some knitting time in the car...
i wonder if knitting socks is like knitting sleeves..the first one i always find a breeze and the second is a chore...
i am pleased as punch with this sock..and if i say so myself, not bad for a first attempt...a few mistakes along the way that hopefully will be ironed out in the next installment...
i proudly showed the family on saturday and now they all want a pair...
number 2 son asked if they have to be hand washed...i didn't know the answer, can anyone out there help me...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an intelligent question from a young'un! Not all sock yarn is created equal, so if you've got the label, check that, otherwise look up the yarn on Ravelry and see what it has listed for care. I highly recommend washable sock yarns - my favourite (Vintage Purls) is fab washed in the machine, and a couple of pairs have sneaked into the dryer a few times with no ill-effects. I've got some handwash only socks too, but to be honest I tend to wear them less because of the special care that is needed.
Your sock looks good - welcome to the dark side!

Kate said...

I have washed my socks from commercial sock yarn in the machine and they have been fine.