11.1.10

impatient me..

i have looked at many blogs that have constructed something from the alabama stitch book.
i had to try my hand...
the book is not available in this part of the world..i even phoned the distributor to find out who was stocking it...nothing... so i have it on order and have bought the materials i think i needed ready for when it arrives...3-4 weeks...
typical me...i cant wait that long...
the wonders of the internet....i researched as much as i could, then contacted some talented women for helpful advice...
a trip to the city over the weekend gave me some hand stitching time in the car...
flying by the seat of my pants i have launched into this, with what feels like a blindfold over my eyes...
who knows where it is heading...but i do like the process and the fact that the entire project is constructed by hand..
go have a look at this amazing lady's website...serious talent...the projects are really lovely....and if anyone reading this has any helpful hints...i'm all ears....

No comments: