14.2.11

summer knitting...

I don't usually knit in summer, our climate is too hot..
but this year we have had a mild summer (or is it an early autumn?) and i have been in need of a cardigan...that perfect weight cardigan...

I did a winter version of this and loved it..comfy, casual, easy to wear...
so decided i could do the maths and knit in a cotton, managing the pattern alterations with the changed tension...pretty straight forward...
and low and behold it worked...(sorry night time photo)
its been just perfect..and I have worn it a lot...
the only alteration was to widen the sleeve edge for a drape...and to add a button closure...Pattern: Jo Sharp Yoke Cardigan...from Modern Knits
Yarn: Jo Sharp aran weight cotton
Colour: White.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Cute cardigan underway. I don't knit and really should take the time to learn.

t does wool said...

fresh and warm knit is on the way for you.
Early Autumn..I smile..
it is snowing again Jen, while I anticipate Spring

Anonymous said...

Thats a really cute cardigan. I can never seem to find anything like that when i shop and when i make m own they never come out as beautiful as that!! Did you get any of the products from www.craftshop.com.au? they have a great range of products if your going to knit another one.