26.4.10

a request...

mum..mum...can you make me an overnight bag...to put all my junk in...when i am going somewhere...

son...son...what you mean you no longer want to keep it on the floor of your car???

mum...mum...abit old school, denim maybe...a couple of pockets...and not too big...

son...son... i will see what i can do...

so, on this ANZAC daylong weekend i have sat in the stitching room, listening to ANZAC stories on the radio of men and boys fighting for the freedom we are now privileged to have... and I have thought about our two sons who are the same age as most that went away to war....
and i cut and stitched and mended and sewed some more... i worked on lots of projects ( more about that later).... and i manage to complete several long ongoing projects...

but here is the overnight bag i made...
it has nice long straps...


it has two end pockets...


it is lined with old school check with a pocket for the trinkets....

it fits a whole load of stuff....


for you tom...made with my love...

5 comments:

Gail said...

Please please post a tutorial on how to draft the pattern for this. My kids use this type of bag a lot - for sleepovers and sport etc. Their very expensive Country Road bags of the same style are wearing out and I will not pay for new ones unless they put it on their Hannukah (Jewish Christmas) list.

Ali said...

That's a mighty fine looking boy-bag!

ann I am said...

What a good and generous mother you are.

t does wool said...

that's a great bag,Jen!!!

Anna-R said...

I love the bag and love the son that ask his mother to make a bag for him. I think he's very happy with the baG?