27.6.10

New Admiration...

Where have the days gone....
Full time work has occupied my time over the past few months, a very busy past few months..
50 minutes to and from work, has meant long days, leaving for work in the dark and arriving home in the dark..it left me wiped out..
i don't know how mothers with little children survive having to work full time, and keep a house in some sort of order.... i have new admiration for them..the juggling act must be horrific....whilst i now have some difficult work decisions ahead, i look forward to the immediate return of part-time existence....breathe.....

How fortunate we all are to be crafters, grabbing 5 or 10 mins here and there during a busy day with something familiar and friendly in my hands was therapeutic...I was unable to start any major projects knowing they would never be finished, i promised myself to use the time to complete the projects in the "please finish me off box"..and at night i would trawl through my favourite craft blogs, dining out on the inspiration of others, and loving to see the fruits of their labour..what clever friends exist across blog land..if only we could all meet..
and so here is what i have achieved..
the socks...started last year!!!
I am definitely off to the yarn store when next in the city to make another pair...i wonder what pattern I should try...any suggestions?

the cardigan...started in 2008!!!
has been long and laborious but oh so worth it...

the scarf..started 2010..
it was for a gift, but the birthday was so long ago i can now keep this as my own..its warm and squishy and twirly, and the cashmere extravagance was oh so worth it...

and then the quilt...
made for a god daughter for her 18th birthday...started in 2008!!and i was so excited about getting this finished, quilted and posted, i forgot to photograph it!!!scraps is all i have to show...i have requested a photo, so hopefully i can post about this later...

and now I have the pleasure of a nearly empty basket, and the joy of deciding what should I make next...I think sewing is on the agenda...

1 comment:

t does wool said...

a good feeling to have a nearly empty basket...time to fill it up again,Jen