2.1.12

new boardies

a new year breaks the blogging hiatus..amazing what holidays can do....life slows...time to think...time to do....
sorry to have been missing for so long...i hope you still remember me...i promise to be more reliable in 2012...

so this is one of my christmas morning converstions with 25 year old son....

mum...tom i dont think you can wear those boardies to christmas lunch they look disgusting.
tom....jenno, they have been around the world, they're my favourite, i love them.
mum....tom they are revolting, threadbare.
tom.... ok then, but dont throw them out....infact why dont you make me a new pair
mum....why dont your buy some, you now have a full time proper job remember.
tom..but they are really comfy boardies and i cant find any new ones i like.
jen..i will have to unpick them to get a decent pattern...cough cough (jen thinks to self...terrific, that gets rid of those boardies!!)

so unpick we did..
and here is the result...and they fit...and he loves them...and i loved using my double needle..
i havent used it in months, and i'm asking myself why not..it gives such a great finish...
there are terrific tutorials on the web for threading your machine to accomodate it...
wishing you all the very best for 2012..
i hope your new year is full of much fun, love, laughter and time to craft...

2 comments:

Evelyne said...

Welcome back! Love the board shorts and the use of double needles. I haven't used them yet, but will remember to on my next project. Happy New Year!

Kate said...

Nice to see you! Great shorts and hope you have a great 2012.